Monday, March 7, 2011

Rest


-->Matthew 11:28-30- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
We all get tired sometimes. There are seasons of life when we can’t seem to quite keep up and we feel weary all the way to our toes. Thankfully, Jesus understood that. In fact, He made time to go away by Himself to pray and even to sleep. We see this in Matthew 14:23- “After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray.” And in Matthew chapter 8, we see that Jesus was asleep in the bottom of a boat during a huge storm. Now, that's what I call being tired! Jesus knew that He needed spiritual renewal and physical rest, so He stopped what He was doing and made a point to get that refreshing.
Well, I’m certainly NOT on the same level as Jesus, but I do find myself needing rest right now. So, I’m going away for a few days. Life has been busy the past several weeks and the stress has been building. I am not depressed, unwell, or even unhappy, but I do need some time to pray, sleep, and relax.
Thankfully, I have a great opportunity to do this. Our students are currently away for a week at a Christian camp, so it’s a good time to take off. I am traveling to Vera Cruz on the Gulf coast for a few days. While I’m there, please pray that God will refresh me in spirit, mind and body. I want and need to hear from Him, to receive His love and direction. Even though this will be partly a vacation, I really do want God to have the time to speak to me. Please pray that my heart will be completely open to Him. I need to pick up His yoke again and find His rest.
And you know what?? I'll say a prayer for you today, too. Maybe you need some rest and refreshing. I'll pray that God fills you up again so you can overflow, instead of running dry. Be blessed!
PS--I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment