Friday, August 31, 2012

All That We Want Is All That You Are

 
I am listening to a new song, “All that We Want is All that You Are” (Hillsong).  It talks about running to all that God is.  I’ve been thinking recently about what kind of things I want in my life.  Do I want more of God’s righteousness?  Do I want more of His love to be evident in me?  Do I want as much of the Light and Life of Jesus as I can possibly hold?

As a Christian and as one who is serving on the mission field, my immediate response is, “Yes--of course!”  Alright, if that is what I want, what kind of decisions am I making each day to live that out?  Will I turn off a movie during my relaxation time, to spend a few minutes with Jesus?  Will I choose to inconvenience myself to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading when I see a woman struggling to carry all of her bags and I could help her?  Am I willing to give up food for a day and fast, so that I can devote that time to God?  How badly do I want more of Jesus?

Unfortunately, I often prove that in fact, I do not want more of Jesus by the choices I make.  I forget that I need to fight against the flesh, instead of giving in.  (Romans 7:21-24, 1 Pt. 5:9)  I need to be alert instead of apathetic or lazy because the enemy is actively on the prowl, looking to devour.  (Eph. 6:18, 1 Pt 5:8)

All that we want is all that You are.  Really?  God help that to be the cry of my heart!

2 Chron. 15:12—“They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment